Welcome to our clinic!
To help you get well and feel better, we offer the following services:
- Specific, efficient spinal correction to alleviate immediate aches, pains and illness while also relieving symptom-causing irregularities in your spine.
- At-home spinal care exercises to complement your in-clinic correction procedures, so your body can get well faster.
- Nutritional recommendations and tips to help you balance your body’s hormones and overcome resistance to weight loss.
- Encouraging health talks and workshops to teach you more about society’s pressing health issues, so you can stay up-to-date on how to ensure the health and well-being of yourself and your loved ones.
- Supplemental health and well-being resources to supply the vital nutrients that allow your body to perform at its best every day.
We strive to offer only the best all-natural care in the world. We know we can help you make a positive difference in your life. Our philosophy is to deliver real, lasting results through simple, easy-to-follow solutions.
To find out more, schedule an appointment for your first whole-health consultation.
You’ve heard the term “medical practice”—that’s because medical science is technically a continuously evolving “practice.” Medicine is not a guarantee, and it is not your only wellness option.
Our health delivery system is not an alternative. It is a proven, medication-free way of approaching your health, your healthcare and your lifestyle.
Chiropractic extends far beyond spinal care. Our system can help you:
- Identify causes and root problems
- Reduce your need for expensive medications
- Decrease your need for sick visits to the doctor
- Expedite recovery times
- Improve your blood pressure, sleep, immunity, depression and much more
You may come to us to solve one problem. The goal, however, is greater than that.
Dr. Jeffrey Ptak can help you take an active interest in your overall health and lifestyle. You may be looking to eliminate neck or back pain, overcome illness or achieve optimal health. No matter what, our goal is to get you totally healthy for good.
The Spine and Your Health
While the body can go days without water, weeks without food, and minutes without oxygen, it cannot last a second without proper nerve supply. The central nervous system controls all health and healing; your spine surrounds and protects it. Find out how your spine relates to your health.
What does my spine have to do with my health?
Your spine surrounds and protects your spinal cord and nerves, which control your organs, muscles, immune system and your body’s natural ability to heal itself.
It’s a big deal.
Your ability to prevent disease relies on the condition of your spine and nervous system. A well aligned spine is a major factor in determining whether your body is producing health (optimum physical, mental and social well-being) or disease. Dr. Jeff Ptak’s top priority is to correct your spine to optimize your nerve function. That way every, healthy choice you make has a lasting impact.
How can I tell if I should visit a chiropractor?
Schedule a visit if you currently have or have had chronic or acute neck, back or low back pain. Other key indicators that you need to have your spine checked:
- Immune issues like allergies, and chronic colds and infections
- Difficulty sleeping and fatigue
- Blood pressure issues, or as part of an overall plan to fight illness
Dr. Jeffrey Ptak, a West Los Angeles based Chiropractor, can evaluate and adjust your spine to restore proper spinal alignment. An adjustment looks to remove the cause of your symptoms by removing pressure or damage on the nerves that are transmitting the pain or disrupting organ function. Most conditions and symptoms indicate some level of nerve involvement.
Though it is an integral part of patient care, removing pain is not a chiropractor’s chief purpose.
Wellness, true health and optimal performance are a chiropractor’s primary goals.
The best approach to achieving that goal is to take an active role in preventing and reversing serious risk factors that contribute to the production of disease. That process begins with a proper spinal adjustment
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a spinal adjustment?
A spinal adjustment is one of the most important features in the process of spinal correction. The doctor of chiropractic applies specific targeted movements that promote the optimal function of the nervous system and improve the strength of the spinal joints. They can be performed with the doctor’s hands, a special chiropractic table or special instruments. For the typical patient, a spinal adjustment does not hurt. Each and every spinal adjustment that we employ is safe and effective.
Are all patients’ spines corrected the same way?
No. Spinal correction processes are determined by the condition of your spine, specifically.
Each patient is an individual case, evaluated and given recommendations according to his or her age, size and health goals. Our clinic’s extensive evaluation process ensures that we fully recognize and understand your condition, limitations and goals prior to developing your patient-specific care plan.
How should I feel after an adjustment?
The vast majority of patients (80-plus percent) feel significantly better after one adjustment. The other 20 percent feel about the same or experience a little bit of soreness. If such soreness occurs, it’s typically due to the lack of movement, tight muscles or advanced nerve involvement in the area of your spine requiring correction.
The spinal correction process will physically move the vertebrae and affect the surrounding muscle tissue, which could cause short-term soreness in a small percentage of patients.
Can children or the elderly visit the chiropractor?
Of course! Chiropractic is safe for developing bones and aging bones alike. To maintain and prevent conditions from occurring, it is recommended to receive chiropractic care throughout life. If a condition has already developed, specific spinal correction techniques can be utilized to prevent further deterioration and/or reverse chronic, long-term health conditions naturally.
What causes the misalignment of my spine?
Spinal misalignment—known as subluxation—can develop from everyday activities. A pinched nerve or an abnormal curvature of the spine can result from any of the following:
- Falls, slips, car accidents
- Sports injuries
- Poor posture (sleep, sitting, driving, position at work, etc.)
A problem can also arise from more complex issues:
- Challenging birth process (particularly with medical intervention such as C-section or vacuum extraction)
- Lifestyle induced disease, such as obesity, that produces further physical strain.
- Any physical, mental, or chemical stress (chemical stress is caused primarily by processed foods, medications, and environmental toxins).
Not all of these root causes are avoidable, which is why the best way to care for your spine is with a disciplined, proactive approach. A healthy spine and nervous system can diminish serious injury, quicken recovery and promote healing.